March 25, 2020 - Announcement
Care will continue to be provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For the safety and protection of everyone:
- Our office hours will now be Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We will not be open to unscheduled visits, so please call 814-237-2712 to schedule an appointment. When you arrive at the funeral home for your scheduled appointment, use the intercom at the front entrance under the large overhang. The intercom phone box is located in the enclosed entrance to the right of the double doors.
- Saturday, Sunday and after office hours’ care is available by calling 814-237-2712.
March 20, 2020 - Announcement
We are taking precautions to create a safe environment for you to honor those you have lost. In accordance with The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America - 15 Days to Slow the Spread, Pennsylvania and CDC guidelines, we are instituting the following best practices:
- Encouraging delayed memorial services for families who can wait.
- Inviting the use of online condolences and signing of the guest book.
- Providing a link to a user-friendly online tribute video creation site.
- Limiting all meetings, services and gatherings to 10 people.
- Facilitating arrangements online, over the phone and with email and fax.
- Postponing preplanning meetings unless the situation is critical.
- Practicing social distancing, including asking for six feet between people and encouraging hands over hearts or hearts formed with two hands instead of handshakes and hugs.
- Posting signs reminding individuals to not enter if they are sick or have any of the symptoms or risk factors of coronavirus.
- We also have CDC flyers posted about stopping the spread of germs.
- Making hand soap and sanitizer available for all visitors to the funeral home to use.
- Having extra tissues in each room and encouraging all guests to cover their coughs and sneezes with tissues and then throwing those tissues in an appropriate receptacle.
- Using extreme care in disinfecting all public areas and maintaining proper sanitation of rooms, equipment and public restrooms.
- Screening all staff before the start of their work for elevated temperature.
We are available 24/7 to answer any questions and concerns you may have and will continue to monitor Pennsylvania, CDC and other agencies recommendations. Guidance is also considered from the Pennsylvania Funeral Directors Association, the National Funeral Directors Association, the International Order of the Golden Rule and Selected Independent Funeral Homes. We will update our best practices after the completion of the President’s 15 Days to Slow the Spread.
Most of all, remember that during times of uncertainty it is important to rely upon one another and to come together as a community. Koch Funeral Home is honored to be a part of the Centre Region community and we will do all we can to be there for you throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
F. Glenn Fleming
Supervisor and Funeral Director
Please call 814.237.2712 or fill in the contact form below if you have questions.