Funeral Home Assistant
We are always looking for compassionate professionals to work with us as funeral home assistants on a part-time basis. People in this position support the funeral directors with the care provided to families.
- compassionate and empathetic;
- calm and positive;
- good at active listening;
- tenacious under pressure; and,
- enjoy working as part of a team;
- know how to prioritize tasks;
- navigate travel directions well;
- prefer a part-time, flexible and on-call schedule;
- have a valid driver’s license and an accident-free driving record;
- have the ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.; and,
- live within 15 miles of the funeral home?
A funeral home assistant will assist the funeral directors with:
- taking the deceased into our care at a hospital, nursing home or residence and driving them to the funeral home in accordance with all state, local and company policies and procedures;
- moving the casketed deceased in and out of the funeral home service area, church or other place of service;
- setting up and assisting with viewings, funeral services, memorial services and graveside services, including, arranging furniture, chairs, flowers, etc.;
- interacting with families being served and offering assistance and guidance to all people entering the location;
- ensuring that the services run smoothly;
- facilitating the parking of funeral procession cars, driving the hearse in a funeral procession and driving various vehicles to transport the deceased to other locations, deliver flowers and obtain supplies and documents; and,
- ensuring that all funeral home vehicles are washed and cleaned, filled with gas and stocked with adequate supplies of personal protective equipment.
If interested in joining our team here's how to apply:
Complete the contact form below and we will contact you within 24/48 hours.