Building & Grounds Maintenance Position
We are looking for a conscientious and hardworking individual to care for the building and grounds of Koch Funeral Home for a minimum of 20 hours per week. The person in this position will be responsible for the maintenance, repair, servicing and housekeeping functions.
- good at active listening; and,
- enjoy working as part of a team;
- know how to prioritize tasks;
- have a valid driver's license and an accident-free
- have the ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
The grounds/maintenance position will be responsible for the following:
- providing maintenance, repair and servicing on equipment;
- providing maintenance, repair and servicing for vehicles, including: washing; waxing; cleaning; filling with gas; and, coordinating service appointments;
- performing grounds keeping, including, blowing leaves from parking area; sweeping door areas; salting; limited snow removal; caring for plants; and, cleaning doors and woodwork;
- performing housekeeping, including: purchasing supplies and parts; vacuuming rooms; dusting; cleaning bathrooms; stocking bathrooms and garage; emptying trash, recyclables and medical waste; testing and changing light bulbs; testing emergency lighting system; and, doing laundry;
- transporting items, including: flowers; death certificates; documents; bank deposits; and, mail and packages for delivery; and,
- purchasing and tracking inventory of housekeeping and maintenance items;
- scheduling and coordinating outside services, such as landscaping and snow removal; and,
- coordinating shipments and stocking merchandise.
If interested in joining our team here's how to apply:
Complete the contact form below and we will contact you within 24/48 hours.
Please enter the numbers and letters you see in the image. Note that the case of the letters entered matters.*: