July 30 2018
Monday, July 30, 2018
Shifting Your Connection can be done in countless ways. Below are 16 tips taken from https://whatsyourgrief.com:
- Talk to them.
- Write letters to the person you lost.
- Keep photos of the person around.
- Incorporate your loved one into events and special days.
- Imagine what advice they would give you when making tough decisions.
- Talk about them with new people, who never got to know your loved one
- Live your life in a way you know they would be proud of.
- Finish a project they were working on.
- Take a trip they always wanted to take.
- Keep up their Facebook page.
- Adopt a hobby that they enjoyed.
- Create a Dear Photograph.
- Plan for the anniversary.
- Keep something that belonged to your loved one.
- Enjoy comfort foods.
- Experience your loved one’s presence.
I hope you find comfort in how you Shift Your Connection.
This month our theme is “Life with Tears and Laughter.” The work I do involves a lot of tears and laughter and as I often say, both are welcome and healing. Young children are great teachers of thi...
To summarize the study we’ve discussed the past couple of weeks, we look to psychologist Noam Schneck, Ph.D. who states: “… healing and growth may continue even when a person is not actively thinki...
As we continue with our theme of “Embrace Unconscious Grief,” last week we introduced the idea that the brain can find a balance between too much and too little focus on loss. Psychologist Noam Sch...
Previous studies of grief processing suggested a Goldilocks effect. Too little conscious focus on the loss meant avoidance and too much focus meant unhealthy rumination. Both of these experiences w...
This month our theme is “Embrace Unconscious Grief.” As I thought about this theme, I was reminded how fascinating the human body is, and in this case, the human mind. We have a conscious mind and ...
Breathing in the moments seems very simple but it takes practice. The past is behind us, the future is ahead and what we have is this moment right now. How do we want to be present to it? I encoura...
Last week I posed the question, “What are the moments when you feel ‘the rapture of being alive?’” When we think about feeling alive, we usually think about moments of joy, happiness and bliss. How...
As we continue with our theme of “Breathe in Moments,” I think of a Joseph Campbell quote I’ve always liked: People say that what we’re all seeking is a meaning for life. I don’t think that’s what...
This month our theme is “Breathe in Moments.” As I’ve gotten older, I’ve really grown to appreciate the importance of moments, being present to moments and breathing them in. Many people on the gri...
Happy Memorial Day! I encourage you to take time today remembering and honoring those who died while serving in the U.S. military!