July 30 2018
Monday, July 30, 2018
Shifting Your Connection can be done in countless ways. Below are 16 tips taken from https://whatsyourgrief.com:
- Talk to them.
- Write letters to the person you lost.
- Keep photos of the person around.
- Incorporate your loved one into events and special days.
- Imagine what advice they would give you when making tough decisions.
- Talk about them with new people, who never got to know your loved one
- Live your life in a way you know they would be proud of.
- Finish a project they were working on.
- Take a trip they always wanted to take.
- Keep up their Facebook page.
- Adopt a hobby that they enjoyed.
- Create a Dear Photograph.
- Plan for the anniversary.
- Keep something that belonged to your loved one.
- Enjoy comfort foods.
- Experience your loved one’s presence.
I hope you find comfort in how you Shift Your Connection.
May 29 2023
We wish you all a meaningful Memorial Day as we honor all the men and women who died while serving in the military.
May 22 2023
This poem by Ellen Bass speaks to this month’s theme, “The Risk of Love Is Loss.” of “Tears are Sacred” with this week’s poem by JD “The Thing Is To love life, to love it even When you h...
May 15 2023
I ended last week’s post about “The Risk of Love Is Loss” with the comment that being wholly human is experiencing the full spectrum of life’s emotions and looking for hope, beauty, and transformat...
May 8 2023
As we continue with our theme of “The Risk of Love Is Loss,” I’ll share again the Dan Moseley quote, “To live is to love, to love is to lose, to lose is to live.” This cycle plays out in our bodies...
May 1 2023
This month our theme is "The Risk of Love Is Loss." This is a reality. When we love someone or something, we risk losing it. As Dan Moseley wrote, "To live is to love,...
April 24 2023
I close this month’s theme of “Tears are Sacred” with this week’s poem by JD Stillwater. Tidal Pools Tears, like all prayers, trickle downhill to the sea, where they mingle with salted sorrows of...
April 17 2023
Continuing with this month’s theme of “Tears are Sacred,” I share these words from Eknath Easwaran in his book, Original Goodness: We can spend the better part of our lives attempting to construct...
April 10 2023
Here’s a poem by Jodie Senkyrik about our theme, “Tears are Sacred.” DO NOT WIPE YOUR TEARS AWAY Do not wipe your tears away. Let them flow down your cheek. Let them create a stream on your face t...
April 3 2023
This month our theme is “Tears are Sacred.” We all have opinions about tears. Some of us are comfortable letting them flow and others not as much. Scientists have found that tears are healthy...
March 27 2023
To close this month’s theme of “Grief is Loss in Pieces,” I’ll share these words by author Nick Cave: I have learned that things get better, in time. I know that fundamentally.... I also know th...