Chauncey A. "Dewey" Morehouse passed away on February 24, 2011. "Dewey was born on June 7, 1926 in Palatka, Florida, the son of the late Harry W. and Florence E.Van Wyck Morehouse. On December 19, 1953 he married Marilyn R. Moul who survives at home. Dewey grew up in the lower Hudson River Valley in New York State and graduated from Wallkill Central High School in 1943. Soon after graduation he entered the US Navy and attended Cornell University and Dartmouth College in the Navy V-12 program. He was commissioned as an ensign in the US Naval Reserve upon completion of Midshipmen's School at Columbia University in New York City. Following his commissioning he was assigned to the Advance Fire Control School at the Repair Base in San Diego, California and eventually served on the USS Macomb (DMS 23) as Assistant Gunnery Officer and Fire Control Officer. He was separated from active duty in August, 1946. Following his service he enrolled at Springfield College in Springfield, Massachusetts and received a BS degree with a major in Physical Education in June, 1949. In August, 1954 he received an MS degree with a major in Physical Education and a minor in Educational Administration and in December, 1964 a PhD degree in Physical Education and a minor in Applied Statistics both from Pennsylvania State University. After receiving his Bachelor's degree he served as Director of Physical Education and Athletics, coach of several sports and teacher at Perkiomen School in Pennsburg, Pennsylvania He also spent two years serving in similar positions at Detroit Country Day School in Detroit, Michigan. He was an Assistant Professor of Physical Education and Hygiene at Panzer College in East Orange, New Jersey where he coached varsity basketball and tennis in addition to teaching courses in the applied sciences to undergraduate student majors in physical education before moving to Lock Haven State College where he coached varsity soccer and golf in addition to teaching undergraduate courses and supervising student teachers in physical education in elementary and secondary schools throughout central Pennsylvania. In July, 1962 he joined the faculty at Penn State where he served for 25 years in the College of Health, Physical Education and Recreation teaching both undergraduate and graduate students, and from 1969 until his retirement was Director of the Penn State Sports Research Institute. He retired in August, 1987 as Professor Emeritus. While on sabbatica1 1eave in 1972, he served as Visiting Professor at the Institut fur Sport und Sportwissenshaften ( Institute for Sport & Sport Sciences) at Der Johann Wolgang Universitat in Frankfurt am Main in West Germany. He also taught at Der Christian Albrechts Universitat in Kiel, West Germany in the Spring of 1975 and held a Fulbright Scholarship in 1979 where he taught for the Bundesinstitut fur Sportwissenshaft (Federal Institute for Sport Science) and conducted research at the Institut fur Biomechnik at the Deutsche Sporthochschule in Koln, West Germany. Services are private, at the convenience of the family. Memorial Contributions may be made to the State College Presbyterian Church, 132 W. Beaver Ave., State College, PA 16801.