Personalized Custom Services
Memorial or Tribute Service
At a memorial or tribute service, a casket or urn is sometimes present. Otherwise similar to a funeral or visitation, a memorial service gives family and friends a time to come together in your memory and celebrate your legacy.
As its name implies, a graveside service may be held at the gravesite just prior to the burial of a casket or urn and usually consists of final remarks, prayers and/or memories. The service may occur after or in place of a funeral service.
Regardless of the services you choose to include in your funeral plan, you can personalize them in almost any way imaginable.
Consider the following questions:
- Where should your funeral be held? At your place of worship? At the funeral home?
- Who should officiate at the service?
- Will your service adhere to the traditions of your faith or culture?
- Do you want a eulogy, and who should deliver it?
- Would you like an open or closed casket?
- What music should be played?
- What reading would you like to have read?
- Is there a special poem you would like to be shared with the guests?
- Are there any special photographs or other memorabilia you would like to have displayed?
- Should the decor reflect a particular hobby or interest of yours, such as fishing, gardening or music?
- Is there a particular emblem or engraving you want on your headstone or marker?
- Should there be refreshments served or a more elaborate gathering held after the service?