September 16 2019
Other things that have given me strength on my grief journeys are my 4-3-2-1-! on Hope, Healing and Wholeness. In my own life and in companioning others, these practices, skills, intentions, posture and exclamation point help to heal us from the inside out.
- Centeredness – Going within and connecting to that hidden wholeness with contemplation, meditation, prayer, etc.
- Creativity – Thinking outside the box and finding meaningful new ideas and ways of being through the arts, creative expression, living creatively, etc.
- Community – Sharing yourself with others and others sharing themselves with you in friendships, companionships, supportive groups, etc.
- Caring - Compassionately nurturing self and others through self-care and helping others
- Noticing – Attending and surrendering to how your body is experiencing the present moment, its thoughts, sensations, feelings, etc.
- Nurturing – Welcoming compassion, affection, love and light into these sensations, feelings and thoughts
- Releasing - Letting go of the feelings, thoughts and sensations
- To heal, grow and be transformed
- To look for life, love and light along the way
- Openness – Letting go and being open to receive
- Ritual and ceremony – When words aren’t enough, honoring the transition with ritual and ceremony